Welcoming you back, safely
The health and safety of our community is a top priority for the Calgary Stampede. From the onset of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have worked diligently to collaborate and adapt to this new environment in order to address the increased safety precautions required for live events, shows and exhibits to return.
BMO Centre at Stampede Park relies on industry collaboration and involvement when making decisions that impact our guests and the events they attend. Our organization works closely with clients, suppliers, public health authorities, other venues as well as associations we are members of, including: Convention Centers of Canada, PCMA, AIPC, ICCA, MPI and ILEA. Together as an industry we continue to identify and define best practices for the future.
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation Program
BMO Centre at Stampede Park has achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council ® (GBAC) STAR™, joining an exclusive group of leaders in the industry. This accreditation program verifies we have implemented the best practices to prepare for, respond to and recover from outbreaks and pandemics like COVID-19. Achieving GBAC accreditation is a key part of our commitment to the safety and comfort of our clients and guests by implementing the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in our facilities.
As we welcome you back to our gathering space, the following measures will be in place to create a safe experience while on Stampede Park.
- Guest ambassadors on-site to monitor and guide the flow of guests; ambassadors will be able to assist with any questions or support that guests require during their visit.
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the venue, including at building and event room entrances.
- Enhanced monitoring in spaces and public corridors to ensure physical distancing measures.
- Physical distancing through queue management practices.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected regularly, including door handles, elevator and accessibility buttons, handrails, escalators, ATMs, counters and room controls.
- Established washroom capacities will be in place and trained personnel will monitor regularly and perform enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices.
- Contactless payments at retail outlets including concessions and parking.
- Signage placed throughout the venue to remind guests of how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as per Alberta Health Services recommendations:
- Stay home and isolate if you’re feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- Wearing a mask in indoor public spaces to limit the risk of spreading to others. As per the City of Calgary mask bylaw, the use of masks will be required in venues at Stampede Park.
- Practice good hand hygiene with regular hand washing and using hand sanitizer.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2 meters between members of different households or cohort families.
PLAN YOUR EVENT
Our team is here to support you and help create a safe place to gather for your next event. Review our guide for full details of our plan.
EXHIBIT AT AN EVENT
Are you participating as an exhibitor in an upcoming event? Review our list of FAQs before show setup.
ATTEND AN EVENT
Coming down to Stampede Park for an event? We’ve prepared a list of FAQs to help answer any questions you have.
We welcome any questions you have as you plan your next visit or your next event. Our team is here to support you as we all navigate this new world together.